Monday, March 14, 2011

Talented Friends

So as I was looking through my facebook today, I realized how many talented friends I have. I have friends that can sew amazing things, take beautiful pictures, write eloquently, build furniture, make up kid-crafts, dance, knit, crochet, cook, bake. You name the hobby and I have at least one friend that does it and does it well. In realizing all my friends amazing talents/hobbies, I realized that I seem to be lacking any. At all. Don't get me wrong, I know how to knit, and cook, and can do some crafts (as long as I have some kind of instruction), but I haven't found something that I am passionate about. Something that I do and do well. The only real hobby that comes to mind is reading and I feel like that is somewhat of a "lame" hobby because nothing really comes out of it. There is nothing to show after I read a book, except that I could tell you about it.

Until this point in my life I felt like I didn't need a hobby because I was in college, and then I became a full-time mom, and it seemed as though there was no time/point. Lately however, I am starting to feel as though I should be doing more. I have three hours everyday during nap time when I could be doing something, but usually I eat, nap, read or watch tv. And granted, I am pregnant and my energy level is not where it normally is, but I still feel as though I could be doing more. So I have decided that I am on some kind of hobby-finding-quest. I would love to be able to find something that I enjoy and am good at. I will keep you updated on my progress :)

3 comments:

  1. Dude, but are an excellent person and one of the best professional mothers I know. Plus you volunteer ... helping other people is a hobby too!
    (And I love to read your book reports Mrs. Myers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you mine is not a hobby, but a necessity! Lol! You'd be surprised how many times we eat eggs/bacon or pizza for dinner....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand this...kind of wanting something for yourself, separate from your identity as mom or wife. I, myself, don't have many hobbies besides teaching, preparing to teach, thinking about teaching and baking. What do you have the most FUN doing, of all your "daily duties?" Love you!

    ReplyDelete