Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Caution: The following message contains POOP!

So the inevitable happened. One of the few disgusting things I had NOT had to deal with having two small children. But alas, Saturday night would prove that I could not handle the one truly horrendous thing would make me have to leave the room to prevent myself from throwing up all over the place. Kaitlyn POOPED IN THE TUB! I know, I know. Many of you have had to deal with this and some of you more than once, but I had been lucky up until this point and have never known the true horror of it til now.
It started out as an innocent bath. Girls playing and splashing and swimming. The usual. And then things turned ugly. I went to the hall closet (still within eye-shot) to get the girls towels out and upon my return I saw it. A disgusting grey turd (I never use that word, but it seems appropriate) floating right next to Kait. I didn't know it at the time, but as I was realizing that this thing floating in the tub is her poop, she is still squatting down in the water pushing out more poop! As soon as it all starts to click what is happening, I begin to freak out! Totally! I grab Mack out of the tub, not caring that she is soaking wet, crying and asking "to be warm", start screaming at Brian that there is poop in the tub, and finally get Kait up and out as Brian is coming up the stairs. LAUGHING! He's laughing! That jerk! Only he's not a jerk. He's a saint. Because after I get both girls out of the tub and take another look in the tub (BAD IDEA) I realize that the lack of morning sickness I've had throughout this pregnancy is about to begin in that minute if I didn't escape that room. I grab a towel, wrap Mack up, tell Brian I CANNOT deal with this and leave him in the room with the floater and the culprit. However, as I am leaving the room Kaitlyn seems to have also realized how disgusting it was that she pooped in the tub and starts gagging. Then to make my mommy guilt worse for abandoning her in her time of need she begins to throw-up. But fortunately for me, I put my mommy guilt in check, decide that I can at least take care of Mack and therefore still perform my motherly duties and take her to my bathroom to finish her bath. I'm not sure how Brian deals with the situation in the other bathroom but after about 5 minutes he and Kait join us in my bathroom so we can finish Kait's bath. After things calmed down, and we got the girls bathed, dressed, brushed, and in front of the tv, I attacked the bathroom with A LOT of bleach, making sure all their toys got a good soak before rinsing them all off. So needless to say, there is rarely a dull moment when dealing with small children. And I also know that if this happens again and Brian is not home, that floater will stay behind closed doors until he is.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny I read it outloud to Michelle and laughed the whole way through it! hahahahhaha!!

    The boys ONLY EVER pooped in the tub for my mom. Awesome. LOL It is gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, sandy! what will you do when/if brian gets deployed?! my husband (Army guy) and I are finally TTC...thanks a lot for giving me one more thing to worry about =P

    -Meg (Amanda's friend from HS)

    ReplyDelete