Friday, October 1, 2010

Spacious White Home

So since my last post we have completely moved out of one house to a new one on our street! We have gone from a very small yellow duplex to a single-standing spacious white home! I am super excited about this transition and have been pleasantly surprised at how well the girls have been adjusting. Something that I probably wasn't as worried about as I needed to be. I told Brian the other day that as proud as I am that they have done so well with the move, I naively thought no less of them. I forget that change is a dramatic thing for most people, especially little tiny people whose worlds are so small anyway. I embrace most changes and find them exciting and fun. I suppose that is why I married a man in the air force. A life full of constant change. But again, to little people, it is a big deal!
But despite this, they have done an amazing job and we also put Kait straight into a big girl bed once we moved in. Now keep in mind, Mack was JUST moved into a twin bed the week before her 3rd birthday (Aug 7), so moving Kait so early is a big deal. But she seems to be handling it well and is still taking afternoon naps without too much fuss so that proves to us that she is old enough to handle it. Kaitlyn seems to handle things like this better than Mack did. We had tried to move Mack to a big-girl bed when she was 2 1/2 and she was NOT ready for it so we had to put her back in her crib. It broke her heart, but there was no way she was going to sleep in that bed without keeping herself and Kait up. And my little Kait is still regularly *trying* to use the potty. She has gone pee pee a couple times, but more than anything she just likes to strip off her clothes, sit on the potty and use toilet paper. But again, this is more than Mack does even at this point. After we get completely unpacked and settled into this house that will be my next task. Getting Mack potty-trained. Ideally my goal is to have Kait and Mack potty-trained by the time New-New Baby (Kait was New Baby) is born. But I am not going to stress myself out about it either. If I end up with three kids in diapers, then I will have three kids in diapers. Not a huge deal in my world. If I'm already changing one, then I can change the rest too. I will post pictures of our old and new houses and you can see why I am so excited for this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment